SEE, I have climbed the mountain side
Up to this holy house of God,
Where once that Angel-Painter trod
Who saw the heavens opened wide,
And throned upon the crescent moon
The Virginal white Queen of Grace,--
Mary! could I but see thy face
Death could not come at all too soon.
O crowned by God with thorns and pain!
Mother of Christ! O mystic wife!
My heart is weary of this life
And over-sad to sing again.
O crowned by God with love and flame!
O crowned by Christ the Holy One!
O listen ere the searching sun
Show to the world my sin and shame.
Oscar Wilde's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (San Miniato by Oscar Wilde )
Did you read them?
- Suazo Nights, Eddie Morgan
- Juicy Lucy, I Salute Your vASStness!, Monk E. Biz
- As Long As I Am There For 'You', Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Paralyzed And Iced, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Art and the Pain, Udaya R. Tennakoon
- Alien Lullaby, Akujuobi Chijioke
- A Song Of Long Ago, Lilly Emery
- Simply Amazing, Olecia Henry
- A City Called Nirvana, Akujuobi Chijioke
- Dragon Kite Tanka, Chenou Liu