Samson And Delilah
Samson fell for Delilah while being the enemy of her
Philistines people, but the gods chose her to take
His power.He tried to make her be a good woman.
Delilah wrestled with The Lord, in fact, using her powers
Of seduction and deception against the man.This way, she
Found the Samson's secret. She could subdue him to be captured.
For sure, she felt sorry for what she did, when she understood
What real love means, but it was too late to change anything.
For Samson, love has been senseless, He sadly ceased to
Continue this fight with her. He ought to love God more than
He loved the woman. He ought to know that faith involved the
Sacrifice of sinful love. He became a simple a blind man.
He destroyed the temple of the Philistines, all their idols and
The people being inside it, after demanding the divine power,
When only God's love and the Holy faith became important
In his human life. Probably Delilah cried for doing what she
Did to him, but she had to fight against the enemies of her
Gods. In fact, she has never really loved any man, because she
Didn't meet The Lord inside Samson, while trying to find Him,
Or she would know that Lord means true love, truth and justice.
Marieta Maglas's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Samson And Delilah by Marieta Maglas )
Did you read them?
- It Really Ain't So Bad.... In Hell ......., Bri Edwards
- Crushed Cookies...... [HUMOR; SHORT; re.., Bri Edwards
- Where Did Mommy Go, Stephen Morris Jr
- me sisters dog, lee fones
- On Cold Grey Mountain, John Martinez
- I KNEW LOVE, SHARON YAKOWA
- I'm Still Here, Stephen Morris Jr
- tramp, lee fones
- Leaves On The Grass, Poetic Lilly Emery
- Thought Process, Mitta Xinindlu
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Bright Glow, Joyce Hemsley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Very Short Song, Dorothy Parker
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love .., Pablo Neruda
- Love's Philosophy, Percy Bysshe Shelley
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(22 March 1941 -)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)