Samson And Delilah
Samson fell for Delilah while being the enemy of her
Philistines people, but the gods chose her to take
His power.He tried to make her be a good woman.
Delilah wrestled with The Lord, in fact, using her powers
Of seduction and deception against the man.This way, she
Found the Samson's secret. She could subdue him to be captured.
For sure, she felt sorry for what she did, when she understood
What real love means, but it was too late to change anything.
For Samson, love has been senseless, He sadly ceased to
Continue this fight with her. He ought to love God more than
He loved the woman. He ought to know that faith involved the
Sacrifice of sinful love. He became a simple a blind man.
He destroyed the temple of the Philistines, all their idols and
The people being inside it, after demanding the divine power,
When only God's love and the Holy faith became important
In his human life. Probably Delilah cried for doing what she
Did to him, but she had to fight against the enemies of her
Gods. In fact, she has never really loved any man, because she
Didn't meet The Lord inside Samson, while trying to find Him,
Or she would know that Lord means true love, truth and justice.
Marieta Maglas's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Samson And Delilah by Marieta Maglas )
Did you read them?
- How Can She Learn?, Edward Kofi Louis
- Intimate Conclusions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- COPLA 107 RESOLUTION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- In This Sin-Sick-World, Edward Kofi Louis
- HOLY MESSENGERS, Justice Uchenna Mmahi
- Specialist, Edward Kofi Louis
- verse, oskar hansen
- No Joy, Edward Kofi Louis
- Showing Kindness To All Mankind, Edward Kofi Louis
- 'We Live in Times of Deep Regrets', Elizabeth Padillo Olesen