Sally The Rag Doll
Soft in limb & bland in face,
Sally the rag doll knew her place..
Doctor or nurse, teacher for a day -
Sally the rag doll knew how to play!
Hair in plaits, or school-girl tails,
Painted eyes & purple nails
Sally was my faithful friend
From playtime's dawn, till childhood 's end...
Sally the rag doll knew her place
Whether in the garden
Or dressed in lace..
Sally the rag doll lived through me -
In adventures imagined
In a childhood free.
Jinge Norvall's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sally The Rag Doll by Jinge Norvall )
- I am your mind, gajanan mishra
- What is Fall?, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Holy relation, hasmukh amathalal
- Echo Within, vikram adhikari
- What a Dream it was, mohamed Alpha Ba
- The Sky Above, vikram adhikari
- Burton & Taylor, Bill Grace
- The Echoes rattle, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Where statues from their eyes Shed Tears, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The ghosts and shrouds, Emmanuel George Cefai
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)