My pain grows deeper
In every moment of your absence,
But when I think
That for every day I am missing you,
There is a day you are missing me,
And that you may be feeling pain
The same as mine,
I forget myself,
I drown myself deep in thoughts,
Wondering if you ache for me.
I miss you so much,
Crying every time you walk away
After we have met again for just a moment,
But when I think you may be feeling the same,
When I imagine you may be crying your tears,
I feel the worst hurt I have felt.
My pain grows deeper
With every passing day,
But I notice you grow sadder, too.
The face that was once
The embodiment of joy,
I have slowly watched become
That of a lost puppy.
And I wonder, am I what you're looking for?
Am I what is missing?
Am I what you seek?
And one more wonder,
Why do you grow sadder?
Is something missing?
Is there something you have lost?
I am here for you,
But you don't know it.
I want to make you feel better,
To feel better, myself,
But how can I make you feel better?
We haven't spoken a word between us
For so long I'm forgetting your voice,
But for as long as we may be apart,
I can never forget your face.
I see it in my thoughts and dreams.
And I wonder,
Are you sad?
Are you sadder, even, than I?
For everything that makes me sad,
Are you feeling sadder?
For every day I'm missing you,
Are you missing me one day?
For every tear I cry,
Are you shedding another?
Are we sadder than each other?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sadder by Stephen Carey )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Webs Of Fantasy, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Reflecting Mistakes, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- East Wind, Madathil Nair
- Priceless Worth, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Something They Couldn't Steal Away, Spiritwind Wood
- Sweet Sighs, Leria Hawkins
- Goodnight Sweet Kira 3, Michael P. McParland
- The Origin of Words, Bijay Kant Dubey
- My Prerna, Inspiration/ A Cup of Coffee .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- A Villain I, Bijay Kant Dubey