You don't need a bottle of wine.
Throw away your staccato way of speaking.
I've listened long enough.
Oh, I still love to listen,
your songs still reach deep down low.
So much so
that I've followed your way of writing.
A little pick-me-up
here and there just isn't enough.
I need more ups, not downs.
You're too sad, Lady, too sad.
I'd rather not cry.
You speak so true,
an honesty I've seen for awhile now.
You wrote and sang out your lows,
but where are the highs?
Too few highs being smothered.
Smothered by chords of sadness.
Let your progressions get stuck on glad
and, mighty soon, you will, too.
You're too sad, Lady,
too, too sad.
dedicated to Melanie
bob barci's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sad Lady by bob barci )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Confirmation, Yuliy Valenko
- The bee Haiku, Sambanath Denis
- The Slight And Sorry Words, Sambanath Denis
- On A Painting, Sambanath Denis
- The Day Your Mother Kept For You, mary douglas
- Leaving For Okinawa In The Morning, Kyle Schlicher
- Into Your Eyes, Spiritwind Wood
- What You Thought I Thought You Thought, Dexsta Ray
- Cactus Flower, Midnights Voice
- Sacrifice, Nassy Fesharaki