Sachin, the Gladiator
a alone warrior, a gladiator
pained, anguished and dejected
his herculean effort go in waste
one after another his team mates
crumbled like nine pins, in haste
fathom not his own agony in the din.
He stood alone to salvage
the honour, the prestige
almost did the impossible
making up for other’s sins.
The hush itself was in hush
he fell, short of victory
he proved his mastery in the field
yet the fate was sealed.
God never fails
Humans fail HIM
Conditions get created
So no one can blame HIM
Sachin remains the best
Engraved in minds
everywhere in the world
east or west.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - x- - - - - - -
All rights reserved/Tribhawan Kaul
Ps: - Cricket may retire from the God
God of cricket will never retire./TK
Tribhawan Kaul's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
On the occasion of Sachin’s last and 200th test tomorrow (12-11-2013) at Mumbai I dug out a poem written on 05-09-2010 at 23.30 hrs about India- Australia cricket match which India had lost by just 3 runs chasing 351. Sachin had made magnificent 175.
Comments about this poem (Sachin, the Gladiator by Tribhawan Kaul )
- Melancholy, Naveed Khalid
- More Than I Ask, Susan Lacovara
- We poets cultivate insanity, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Plato's Dialogue, Naveed Khalid
- Silence and Chaos, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- A Bridal Song, Naveed Khalid
- Mutability, Naveed Khalid
- Dirty Politics, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Luminous, Naveed Khalid
- Prayer, Naveed Khalid