Sachin, the Gladiator
a alone warrior, a gladiator
pained, anguished and dejected
his herculean effort go in waste
one after another his team mates
crumbled like nine pins, in haste
fathom not his own agony in the din.
He stood alone to salvage
the honour, the prestige
almost did the impossible
making up for other’s sins.
The hush itself was in hush
he fell, short of victory
he proved his mastery in the field
yet the fate was sealed.
God never fails
Humans fail HIM
Conditions get created
So no one can blame HIM
Sachin remains the best
Engraved in minds
everywhere in the world
east or west.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - x- - - - - - -
All rights reserved/Tribhawan Kaul
Ps: - Cricket may retire from the God
God of cricket will never retire./TK
Tribhawan Kaul's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
On the occasion of Sachin’s last and 200th test tomorrow (12-11-2013) at Mumbai I dug out a poem written on 05-09-2010 at 23.30 hrs about India- Australia cricket match which India had lost by just 3 runs chasing 351. Sachin had made magnificent 175.
Comments about this poem (Sachin, the Gladiator by Tribhawan Kaul )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Another Wish, Michael P. McParland
- Cop Killers and Killer Cops, Is It Poetry
- Another Night (Off To Sleep), Michael P. McParland
- Another Day, Michael P. McParland
- Hands on Hips, Mae AC.
- Hands in Pockets, Mae AC.
- Another Christmas, Michael P. McParland
- Anonymous Girl, Michael P. McParland
- An Unbreakable Bond, Michael P. McParland
- An Awesome Friend (For Electric Lady), Michael P. McParland