S.Yesenin, Such a watery comfortless moonity... - translation (rus.)
Such a watery comfortless moonity
And the grief of the endless vast plains -
That were things, which I saw in my frisky youth,
Which, though loving, I cursed, not one, say.
Pussy-willows whither along the road,
And telega's wheels (* - a cart) are singing songs...
Not at any price I would be longing
To hear it for another time more.
I became so indifferent to huts,
I disfavoured the fire of hearth,
Even the spring apple blizzard I disliked
All because of the field's empty sight.
I'm fond of the other things now...
In that hectric moon light I discern
Through the stone and steel such material
All the power of native land.
The field Russia! Stop it to plough
Over the furrows of that barren plain!
It is hard to see poverty now
To your birches, to poplars abele.
I don't know, what it'll be with me...
May be I'm not merit to new,
But I'd like to see the steel, intelligent
All my Russia, though today poor.
Listening to the bark of the engines
In a quantity of snowstorms,
Not at any price I'd like to hear
That telega's wheels' old squeaking song.
Lyudmila Purgina's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (S.Yesenin, Such a watery comfortless moonity... - translation (rus.) by Lyudmila Purgina )
Did you read them?
- Heartache, Liendang Hmar
- Paper Wing, Liendang Hmar
- Like a Candle In The Wind, Liendang Hmar
- Story Line, A.R Evangelista
- Make a living but fail not to live, Bashyam Narayanan
- The Price I Pay, James George
- Not alone, Cheryl .J Barclay
- May our friendship last forever;, Cheryl .J Barclay
- SPICES OF LIFE, Philo Yan
- Flower & Sickle, Arno Le Roux
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fear No More, William Shakespeare
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Lydia Howard Huntley Sigourney
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)