S.Yesenin, May be it is late... - translation (rus.)
May be it is late, or may be early...
Anyway I didn't have a mind,
That I grew up to be real Don Juan,
As a poet, too light in his conduct.
What had happened? What's the real matter
Of me, bending at the other knees
Every day, and every day I'm shedding
All my pity to myself in feel
Of the bitterness of future bad betrayal...
All I wished - my heart would beat a little
In the simple and caressing manner.
In the lying eyes of girls what do I seek?
Hold me back, my feeling of contempt, you
Always was a patron, good in cheer.
All my soul's boiling in cold and blue
Is the rustling of the leaves of lilac.
And the lemon sunset lives in soul,
Almost all time - I hear the same
Through the mist. Don Juan, take up gaunlet,
For the feeling's freedom you should pay!
Calmly meeting a challenge, I'm aware,
That in any way I feel the same -
Honouring the storm of lilac flowering
Is just like the shiver in love state.
And that was, that really such happened
With me, bent to many knees
For the sake of feeling of the happiness,
Casting off the bitter treason feel.
Lyudmila Purgina's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (S.Yesenin, May be it is late... - translation (rus.) by Lyudmila Purgina )
- AUTUMN BRIDE, Rose Lu ( Bing hua )
- As Time Turns, Cathy Hodgson
- Suazo Nights, Eddie Morgan
- Juicy Lucy, I Salute Your vASStness!, Monk E. Biz
- As Long As I Am There For 'You', Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Paralyzed And Iced, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Art and the Pain, Udaya R. Tennakoon
- Alien Lullaby, Akujuobi Chijioke
- A Song Of Long Ago, Lilly Emery
- Simply Amazing, Olecia Henry