S.Yesenin, Beloved country! - translation (rus.)
Beloved country! Heart is filled up
With a dream about sun-stacks,
Merged in water. I would like far
In the greens to be mislaid.
By the path and boundary
Mignonettes, clover is growing
As a chasuble; the willows
As the nuns in beads are knocking.
Bog is smoking in clouds,
Burnt out as the heaven's yoke.
In my heart I've hided silence
For someone - a secret thought.
All I meet and all accept I,
I'm glad to dig out soul.
I have come to native country
Quickly then to leave it, though...
Lyudmila Purgina's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (S.Yesenin, Beloved country! - translation (rus.) by Lyudmila Purgina )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Michael P. McParland
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Acquainted with the Night, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Caged, Michael P. McParland
- Meeting Nan, Lynn Anne Brown
- Pantry Of Thoughts, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Diagrams Of Language, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- So Tired(I Need You), Michael P. McParland
- colour of love, Prince Lartey
- Total Mystery, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- When I Die, Kelly Shanks
- Butterflies, Michael P. McParland
- Buckeye Fever Sweeping Terror Over Thier.., Michael P. McParland