S.Yesenin, Beloved country! - translation (rus.)
Beloved country! Heart is filled up
With a dream about sun-stacks,
Merged in water. I would like far
In the greens to be mislaid.
By the path and boundary
Mignonettes, clover is growing
As a chasuble; the willows
As the nuns in beads are knocking.
Bog is smoking in clouds,
Burnt out as the heaven's yoke.
In my heart I've hided silence
For someone - a secret thought.
All I meet and all accept I,
I'm glad to dig out soul.
I have come to native country
Quickly then to leave it, though...
Lyudmila Purgina's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (S.Yesenin, Beloved country! - translation (rus.) by Lyudmila Purgina )
Did you read them?
- Anticipation, Roann Mendriq
- I Will Give You Air, Ismim Putera
- Seduction Theory, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Late-night Lullaby, Ismim Putera
- A PRELUDE (To December), Vinaya Joseph
- Lucien, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Ghazal - Qyamat Ho Gai Hay, Bano Ali
- Stand Up Witness Your Dream, Fatima Nusairat
- Zero Turkey Wing, Havilah
- Reading and Writing, umaprosad das
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Late Walk, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Oh, the places you'll go!, Adens Kamwi
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Bright Star, John Keats
- Where The Mind Is Without Fear, Rabindranath Tagore
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(November 1, 1871 – June 5, 1900)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
Robert William Service
(16 January 1874 - 11 September 1958)