Run, Man Run!
A road I travel another reveals to tread
I reach a cliff another remains to scale
I know my voyage will never end
Yet I hanker for a rest
For a while I wish to close the door
But life says it’s a luxury!
I wonder how I can accomplish
As I have provisions very little
And my means are very humble
But ahead I see so heavy so tough
All the tasks are very stupendous.
While I feel nervous and a bit tuckered out
My hope gone and deep depression is in
Suddenly in my ear my first success whispers
‘Yes, you can! ’ The path you took
To climb the first pick
To reach the second you have to take
The same path same way!
Encouraged I stand
Since then I never walk, in delight I just run!
Abdul Wahab's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Run, Man Run! by Abdul Wahab )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Answering The Usual Questions, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Cure, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Peace Makers, Tony Adah
- amazing grace of nature, thanishq kokare
- Copy Paper, Edgar Albert Guest
- Autumn Evenings, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Lost Purse, Edgar Albert Guest
- Mother's Party Dress, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Comedian, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Evening Prayer, Edgar Albert Guest