Run, Man Run!
A road I travel another reveals to tread
I reach a cliff another remains to scale
I know my voyage will never end
Yet I hanker for a rest
For a while I wish to close the door
But life says it’s a luxury!
I wonder how I can accomplish
As I have provisions very little
And my means are very humble
But ahead I see so heavy so tough
All the tasks are very stupendous.
While I feel nervous and a bit tuckered out
My hope gone and deep depression is in
Suddenly in my ear my first success whispers
‘Yes, you can! ’ The path you took
To climb the first pick
To reach the second you have to take
The same path same way!
Encouraged I stand
Since then I never walk, in delight I just run!
Abdul Wahab's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Run, Man Run! by Abdul Wahab )
Did you read them?
- Enough is Enough!, Shaila Touchton
- For Boy George (The First Time I Saw You), Dave Alan Walker
- Acceptance, Barbara Dixion
- The Pendulum of Life, bryan wallace
- Sentiments Of Love, Louis Borgo
- Forever Free, courtney metcalf
- Rage Against the Machine, Amber Hardisty
- Out, Barbara Dixion
- Raindrop Ambitions, Ailill Ailill
- Child the Blossoming Bud, Kumarmani Mahakul
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(1644 - 1694)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1927)