Run, Man Run!
A road I travel another reveals to tread
I reach a cliff another remains to scale
I know my voyage will never end
Yet I hanker for a rest
For a while I wish to close the door
But life says it’s a luxury!
I wonder how I can accomplish
As I have provisions very little
And my means are very humble
But ahead I see so heavy so tough
All the tasks are very stupendous.
While I feel nervous and a bit tuckered out
My hope gone and deep depression is in
Suddenly in my ear my first success whispers
‘Yes, you can! ’ The path you took
To climb the first pick
To reach the second you have to take
The same path same way!
Encouraged I stand
Since then I never walk, in delight I just run!
Abdul Wahab's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Run, Man Run! by Abdul Wahab )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- A Cloud In Trousers - part I, Vladimir Vladimirovich Mayak ..
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- So Let Us Love, Edmund Spenser
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Firebird Sunset, Salvatore Ala
- Flicker, Jessica Paige Davies
- I will always return, Jessica Paige Davies
- They are my horses, Jessica Paige Davies
- HOW THEY ALL FALL, Terry Collett
- Caucus at the Parking Meter, Donal Mahoney
- A Small Something, Jessica Paige Davies
- Shrouded, Jessica Paige Davies
- I Live, Tanja Henderson
- This year, maryline vautravers