Run, Man Run!
A road I travel another reveals to tread
I reach a cliff another remains to scale
I know my voyage will never end
Yet I hanker for a rest
For a while I wish to close the door
But life says it’s a luxury!
I wonder how I can accomplish
As I have provisions very little
And my means are very humble
But ahead I see so heavy so tough
All the tasks are very stupendous.
While I feel nervous and a bit tuckered out
My hope gone and deep depression is in
Suddenly in my ear my first success whispers
‘Yes, you can! ’ The path you took
To climb the first pick
To reach the second you have to take
The same path same way!
Encouraged I stand
Since then I never walk, in delight I just run!
Abdul Wahab's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Run, Man Run! by Abdul Wahab )
Did you read them?
- because you doubted it, RIC S. BASTASA
- The curving world's edge (Passion Sonnet), Gert Strydom
- Could My Calm Coax You, Susan Lacovara
- At times we are only set on passing (Ame.., Gert Strydom
- The Implementation Is Seldom Unchanged, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Clean India Campaign, Dr John Celes
- Holy Journey, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- MISSION, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Life's Numbers, Randy McClave
- Imagining Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- My Love Is Like To Ice, Edmund Spenser
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)