Rose is like Love
A rose is like love it’s
beautiful to embrace
with kindness of grace.
For the petals hold
everything in place.
It’s an eccentric flower
that gives a pleasing feeling
to the heart with unbelievable power.
Its mystique of loveliness is rare to find around
causing emotions leaving you confound.
When you see a rose
hold it like love then allow its
innocence of purity to flow.
don’t crush it for you might
not ever have a chance to witness the
unopened petal’s beauty that lies
If you are not attentive to the
way you plant the seeds
or its needs.
You might not see its beauty grow.
Remember love is like a rose.
Naomi Johnson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Rose is like Love by Naomi Johnson )
- Prologued (An Oration) XLIV, Sadiqullah Khan
- The Launch XLV, Sadiqullah Khan
- Hashtnagar (Eight Cities) XLVI, Sadiqullah Khan
- Drunk on You XLVII, Sadiqullah Khan
- Inevitable XLVIII, Sadiqullah Khan
- I respect, hasmukh amathalal
- Good deed, Suresh Dogra
- Problems, maria sudibyo
- Free!, maria sudibyo
- Angst, maria sudibyo
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Conclusion, Sir Walter Raleigh
- Red face, Emmanuel George Cefai
(c. 600 BCE)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)