We meet roommates sharing the same space,
With complete strangers a new friendship begin,
Trying hard to hide their moderate taste,
Eating together and barley wearing nothing.
Without whispering insult or villainous speaking,
roommates overwhelm at first,
Want to know every move the other is making,
To get along and developed a thirst.
Pride gather the need to make acquaintance,
more questions are ask than answers are given,
Applied wisdom to appease the listening silence,
And avoid heated squabbles hemorrhaging.
Drawn boundaries in relationship communicate,
The privacy of understanding manner,
to change behavior and get along with a roommate,
is an achievement of social power
Respecting the other when friends cannot be found,
and share laughter sprawled out in dorms,
Tensions are driven to grudge the outer bounds,
Leaving roommate reading elementary forms.
Gerry Legister's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Roommates by Gerry Legister )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Sonnet: Who Makes Money Wisely?, Dr John Celes
- Postcard For The Tin Soldier In Tintypes.., mary douglas
- I Submit, I Am Krakatoa
- till the last blood, binod bastola
- When Public Limited Company Goes Under, Terence G. Craddock
- We are three friends, gajanan mishra
- Single march, hasmukh amathalal
- It is unpleasant to live with mental uns.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- What to tell, hasmukh amathalal
- HAPPINESS, LIFE & LOVE, Tom Zart