We meet roommates sharing the same space,
With complete strangers a new friendship begin,
Trying hard to hide their moderate taste,
Eating together and barley wearing nothing.
Without whispering insult or villainous speaking,
roommates overwhelm at first,
Want to know every move the other is making,
To get along and developed a thirst.
Pride gather the need to make acquaintance,
more questions are ask than answers are given,
Applied wisdom to appease the listening silence,
And avoid heated squabbles hemorrhaging.
Drawn boundaries in relationship communicate,
The privacy of understanding manner,
to change behavior and get along with a roommate,
is an achievement of social power
Respecting the other when friends cannot be found,
and share laughter sprawled out in dorms,
Tensions are driven to grudge the outer bounds,
Leaving roommate reading elementary forms.
Gerry Legister's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Roommates by Gerry Legister )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Burquawalli, May I Ask, Why Is Saudi Ara.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Friend 3, Neela Nath
- Chicken dance, gajanan mishra
- Being, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- After Love's Partition, Velvet Boots
- Pleasures Of Love, Lilly Emery
- Enchantment Of Yesterday, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Great Thugs of Indian English Poetry.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Spaniels, Diane Hine
- WE RIDE NORTH, AWAKEN!, Hibah Shabkhez