We meet roommates sharing the same space,
With complete strangers a new friendship begin,
Trying hard to hide their moderate taste,
Eating together and barley wearing nothing.
Without whispering insult or villainous speaking,
roommates overwhelm at first,
Want to know every move the other is making,
To get along and developed a thirst.
Pride gather the need to make acquaintance,
more questions are ask than answers are given,
Applied wisdom to appease the listening silence,
And avoid heated squabbles hemorrhaging.
Drawn boundaries in relationship communicate,
The privacy of understanding manner,
to change behavior and get along with a roommate,
is an achievement of social power
Respecting the other when friends cannot be found,
and share laughter sprawled out in dorms,
Tensions are driven to grudge the outer bounds,
Leaving roommate reading elementary forms.
Gerry Legister's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Roommates by Gerry Legister )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Untitle II, Seira LNlee94
- Robbin Williams - RIP, krishnakumar chandrasekar nair
- Body and Spirit, Mwenyeji Spikes
- Abiding In Forgiveness, Mwenyeji Spikes
- A SPECIAL LANGUAGE, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Other Side of the Gun, Vince Rogers
- Cruelty, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- My day in winter, Tiku akp
- The Inner Vault, Mwenyeji Spikes
- Written Soul, Christina de Vries