Romeo x Juliet
Would you like to be star crossed lovers
Begin with a romantic night?
Meet through a crowd and share one glance
And know just then our love was right.
Would you be my Romeo
And I your Juliet?
The love we’ll share so powerful
And more powerful it will get.
Shall we defy our families with our love
Against their blessing and will
And run off married forevermore
With more love our hearts can fill.
How happy we’ll be in blissful matrimony
Our childlike love free in the sun
No greater feeling than playful moments
Of romance so young and fun.
Yet would you drink such toxic poison
And end your life today?
To find me kept in a chilled mausoleum
My love for you now gone away.
And would I end my life for you
With a jagged dagger in my heart?
So much for star crossed lovers we thought we’d be
Guess we could never play the part.
Genevieve Pilat's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Romeo x Juliet by Genevieve Pilat )
- The Landslide, Suman Pokhrel
- L.Messi 오피뷰 선릉오피 VS 대림오피 OＰGＡNＤA/ＣOM 헤트트릭, mkklovip1 mkklovip1
- iPhone6+ 오피뷰 ①선릉오피 ②대림오피 대란→OＰGＡNＤA/ＣOM←, mkklovip1 mkklovip1
- Thanksgiving, Is It Poetry
- And shadow..., Lyudmila Purgina
- Stranger, Daisy Pereira
- A.Blok, That life had passed... - transl.., Lyudmila Purgina
- Standing in a market, Suman Pokhrel
- I shall bid no farewell, Suman Pokhrel
- See Hearts, Once Reeling, Little Eagle McGowan
Poem of the Day
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fear No More, William Shakespeare
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I'm Explaining a Few Things, Pablo Neruda
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- 1914, Wilfred Owen
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)