Romance Is Dead
Oh woe they all cried, let more mourners come
Hush each of the winds and put out the sun
Go now, wear black, retire early to bed
There is no hope now that romance is dead.
Hear motors drawl out funereal hums
Nowhere to hide and not one place to run
Watch as the lovers wail and then depart
Say how their romance has been torn apart.
Silence the bells, take the children inside
Stop the clocks and take it all in your stride
Stamp on the flowers and crush every bud
Now romance lies beneath 6 feet of mud.
So go close your eyes and then pause for breath
As romance has finally stopped for death.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Romance Is Dead by Steve Woodward )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Ask me, Igor Adashkevich
- Lengu i limonit, skender iljaz braka
- Larguar si djali prangprishes, skender iljaz braka
- Lagja ime e vjeter, skender iljaz braka
- Kurbatka, skender iljaz braka
- Love Restrained, Sangnam Nam
- Kur theva nje enderr, skender iljaz braka
- Unconditional Love, alexander thor cirera
- Kur te kthehesh nje dite, skender iljaz braka
- Kur te kendoja serenata, skender iljaz braka