For millions of years they have been around,
imagine what history they have seen
as evolution passed on its way.
Silently they stood as sentinels
but never breathing a word.
Waiting and watching
the downward spiral of
a once lush green planet,
grateful they had no feelings
to suffer the sorrow they see.
David Harris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Rocks by David Harris )
Did you read them?
- Fair And Square!, Edward Kofi Louis
- I Do Not Have Any Word, Neela Nath
- The Puzzle, Ravikumar C.P.
- 'O' Cloud of My Skies, Aftab Alam
- My Words And Her Words, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Ode To B.J Azang, Tony Adah
- So Many Hummingbirds, Donal Mahoney
- SENRYU (5-7-5) 12, Aftab Alam
- Reaching For Desires, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Centennary - -, Murtaza Micky Yusuf