Barry Van Allen
I have traveled down the road of many vices,
I have traveled down the road of fractured dreams,
I have traveled down the roads of lovers leaving,
and I have traveled down those roads enough, it seems.
I have traveled down the highways of injustice,
and traveled on the highways of deceit,
I have traveled down the many roads of doubt,
and traversed too many roads of ' incomplete '.
I have driven on the turnpikes of destruction,
and I have rested on the sides of these at night,
I have traveled down the roads of wrong selection,
and I have known the fear that comes with needless
I have ventured down the highways of reflection,
and gazed upon the pathways of despair,
I have traveled down the road of self-deception,
and found, that in the end ...
nobody really cares!
In all my aimless travel,
I have found it to be true ...
that no matter what you think you know,
... there always is a different point of view!
Barry Van Allen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Roads by Barry Van Allen )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Blow, Blow, Thou Winter Wind, William Shakespeare
- The Shoelace, Charles Bukowski
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
Poem of the Day
- A sunflower soul, Alem Hailu Gabre Kristos
- BFF - dOnE - playing kEtCh uP, sEaN nOrTh
- A 360 turn, Alem Hailu Gabre Kristos
- an i like you that way - sweetest thing .., sEaN nOrTh
- Longing, Michael P. McParland
- The Home Here And Hereafter., Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- American As Apple Pie?, carol carter
- The Final Litmus Test, michael walkerjohn
- The ascent of peace., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- no one's favorite..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi