I hate to think of you this way my pearl.
Like a white rubber duck on a swift brook,
If I might find you someday I can't tell.
Though I shall search, all corners I shall look.
I can give all wealth but Ray is no earl.
He is no Count, no pirate nor a crook.
I had the chance once but was not clever
To know I must win you then or never.
I hope now my tide shall one day return.
Like a patient dog waiting for its turn.
Or like a fireman nursing a harsh burn,
Wondering, have I lost you forever?
Ray Anyasi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Riverside Blues by Ray Anyasi )
- The Power Of Love!, Edward Kofi Louis
- It Is Quite Sad (Part 2), Ronell Warren Alman
- Bubble burst no home no trust, Nalini Chaturvedi
- You Are, Edward Kofi Louis
- Missing sky, gajanan mishra
- PARTNERS IN CRIME, Terry Collett
- Palace of death - this body, gajanan mishra
- Twelve Step Heaven, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Hardcastle Crags, Sylvia Plath
- Burning The Letters, Sylvia Plath
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Power Of Music, Sukumar Ray
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe