I hate to think of you this way my pearl.
Like a white rubber duck on a swift brook,
If I might find you someday I can't tell.
Though I shall search, all corners I shall look.
I can give all wealth but Ray is no earl.
He is no Count, no pirate nor a crook.
I had the chance once but was not clever
To know I must win you then or never.
I hope now my tide shall one day return.
Like a patient dog waiting for its turn.
Or like a fireman nursing a harsh burn,
Wondering, have I lost you forever?
Ray Anyasi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Riverside Blues by Ray Anyasi )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Creative Solutions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -32, Ronjoy Brahma
- Disagreeing With Care, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Outer Limits, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Keep simply cool, hasmukh amathalal
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -31, Ronjoy Brahma
- Folds Of Death, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- hey dipstick, this is for you, Mandolyn Davidson
- Time - I know not, gajanan mishra
- Poetry is For Lovers, Cheryl Griffith