I hate to think of you this way my pearl.
Like a white rubber duck on a swift brook,
If I might find you someday I can't tell.
Though I shall search, all corners I shall look.
I can give all wealth but Ray is no earl.
He is no Count, no pirate nor a crook.
I had the chance once but was not clever
To know I must win you then or never.
I hope now my tide shall one day return.
Like a patient dog waiting for its turn.
Or like a fireman nursing a harsh burn,
Wondering, have I lost you forever?
Ray Anyasi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Riverside Blues by Ray Anyasi )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- fight back for you, shubham sutar
- Indulgence, Angela Khristin Brown
- Inspiration of Infancy, Chris Jax
- Assorted Interpretations, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- A Devil To Do A Deed, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Walking On The Sea, Saiom Shriver
- Flying Snail, Saiom Shriver
- No Squealing, Saiom Shriver
- Sacred Cows, Saiom Shriver
- Make your Mothers Day, Damian Murphy