River To Share
I borrowed your river,
I hope you don't care
but the river is big enough
for all of us to share.
A lot of little homes
fit along the shore
a lot of little boats
float in the river.
See, we can all share the river;
I can just move my trailer by our home
and we can all go where the river goes
or maybe we'll all just live on boats.
'Cause there's plenty of room for everyone
and when the summer gets nice we can bask in the sun
or swing in a hammock like we don't have a care
because we love our river, our river to share.
Yeah, we don't mind sharing this river, our home
'cause we're all family, don't you know?
And this river has given us all happiness
so let's share our river, like friends share a kiss.
Because we're family, don't you know?
And this river will always be all of our home.
Kelly Zion's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (River To Share by Kelly Zion )
- Amritpaan, ramesh rai
- Sonnet: Labourers in the Vineyard (Mathe.., Dr John Celes
- Prayer To God-Sri Ramakrishna., Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- The Deserted Spring, Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Love In Lovers' Poetry, Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Fun never runs out!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- The Passing Winds, Tex T Sarnie
- Too Few Words, Tex T Sarnie
- Wake up!, Md. Asadullah
- viper kiss, aaron jimenez
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Worker Reads History, Bertolt Brecht
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)