River To Share
I borrowed your river,
I hope you don't care
but the river is big enough
for all of us to share.
A lot of little homes
fit along the shore
a lot of little boats
float in the river.
See, we can all share the river;
I can just move my trailer by our home
and we can all go where the river goes
or maybe we'll all just live on boats.
'Cause there's plenty of room for everyone
and when the summer gets nice we can bask in the sun
or swing in a hammock like we don't have a care
because we love our river, our river to share.
Yeah, we don't mind sharing this river, our home
'cause we're all family, don't you know?
And this river has given us all happiness
so let's share our river, like friends share a kiss.
Because we're family, don't you know?
And this river will always be all of our home.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (River To Share by Kelly Zion )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Sudibyo, Edward Kofi Louis
- A Sound Advice, Edward Kofi Louis
- A WOMAN OF NO FREEDOM FOR CONSCIENCE, alexander opicho
- The Fountain Of Youth, Jim Yerman
- 'Golden-Boy', Edward Kofi Louis
- After The Rain, Ronald Chapman
- अराय सैथो, Bahadur Basumatary
- Having Premarital Sex, Edward Kofi Louis
- Vision of India, Laxman Rao
- Under The Big Oak Tree, Edward Kofi Louis