Rise And Fall Of The Poet
Although he did not know it
It was the rise and fall of this poet.
Words are a universal language all by itself
It could take you to heaven, or bring you down to hell.
Words are like rivers, streams and oceans
Moving freely with emotion.
The slightest ripple is a creation
Of love, joy, sadness and devastation.
Everyone is different from each other
Opening poets mind- making him wonder.
Now his mind has become like a glazier
Frozen at a complete stand still
Or moving so slowly without direction
Not knowing love, not knowing affection.
Will it melt and become like the flowing
Waters once again?
Or will this be the final end?
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Rise And Fall Of The Poet by louis rams )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(7 October 1948 -)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
Poem of the Day
- Yeh Meri Betian, Akhtar Jawad
- I am with you, Tiku akp
- आबै-आबौनि गामि, Ronjoy Brahma
- जोमैनि गामियाव, Ronjoy Brahma
- Ogling breasts … 2112-14, saadat tahir
- गोसोखौ बुरखायो, Ronjoy Brahma
- Banging, Casey Renee Kiser
- New Birth, Paul Sebastian
- First Encounter - Tan Sri Clement Hii, john tiong chunghoo
- I Chose To Mickey With The Mouse, Lawrence S. Pertillar