Rise And Fall Of The Poet
Although he did not know it
It was the rise and fall of this poet.
Words are a universal language all by itself
It could take you to heaven, or bring you down to hell.
Words are like rivers, streams and oceans
Moving freely with emotion.
The slightest ripple is a creation
Of love, joy, sadness and devastation.
Everyone is different from each other
Opening poets mind- making him wonder.
Now his mind has become like a glazier
Frozen at a complete stand still
Or moving so slowly without direction
Not knowing love, not knowing affection.
Will it melt and become like the flowing
Waters once again?
Or will this be the final end?
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Rise And Fall Of The Poet by louis rams )
- Morning prayers., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Favorite Quote, Nautica Moxley
- Building Bricks, Jude Ogunade
- A Hydro Odyssey, Patrick Czyz
- Salvation, Earth And Sadness, Tony Adah
- Perspective, Patrick Czyz
- flesh to flesh, jaquesha webb
- Make it a new day., Patrick Czyz
- A Deadly Romance, Akhtar Jawad
- Tear Stained Haiku, Patrick Czyz
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)