Emmanuel George Cefai
To rise above
A million pointed swords
To rise and head
That must the human be:
The stars of heaven will applaud.
Not flowing strategy
Set-piece after set-piece
Propensity to the goal.
In the distance dusk the red
Leaves stage with a bent head.
Emmanuel George Cefai's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Rise above by Emmanuel George Cefai )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- I can feel your love, Jesus James Llorico
- Grabbing The Winds, Edward Kofi Louis
- Christianity is, Peter Hall
- Poems (Haiku), Jesus James Llorico
- The road home from Glasgow airport, Peter Hall
- Where the grass is greener, Peter Hall
- I am not in bond, gajanan mishra
- 12,000 miles sounds closer, Peter Hall
- The Search for Lost Lives, James Tate
- Estranged in the mind, Peter Hall