Like the ripples on the water
does love dissipate as it goes on
or does it keep growing forever?
Watching two lovers throw pebbles
into a pond to watch the ripples grow.
Do they hope their love
will expand like the ripples
around any obstacles that may occur?
Will their love for one another
will grow no matter whatever they may encounter?
Love is turbulent thing
with its current running unabated
and its ripples occurring
when you least expect them.
Tears fall on occasions
while smiles greet each new day.
Through the sadness we go on
with thoughts of rainbows
that lay ahead of us
beyond the ripples in our lives.
8-9 February 2014
David Harris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ripples by David Harris )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- The love song, binod bastola
- de tijd, ko the skipper
- A big thanks poem..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Not the One, Dean Meredith
- Bobwhite Calling, Kyle Schlicher
- Life, Death, Love! (Secret Message Poem), Ronald Chapman
- Bombs And Rain, Kyle Schlicher
- Prime Reasoning, F. J. Thomas
- Lets Try Again (Secret Message Poem), Ronald Chapman
- Let's Make Those Sad Tears Disappear (Se.., Ronald Chapman