Rings of smoke!
He played with circle of smokes.
Loved making as many as circles
Puff of cigarette.
A chain smoker
Made a chain of rings
With the harmful smoke.
He played with the cigarettes
One after another,
Before one get puffed
Another one lighted it.
All warned him
Stay away from it
With an heart attack
He lay on bed like a half dead smoke.
He puffed everyones words
Into the rings of smoke.
©ALL RIGHTS RESERVED BY GEETHA JAYAKUMAR 2014
Geetha Jayakumar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Rings of smoke! by Geetha Jayakumar )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Dream A World, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- April Rain Song, Langston Hughes
- Democracy, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou