Mark R Slaughter
Folds of brain unravel
Under loneliness of inner thought -
A nakedness that has to hurt when
Cranium leaks out the poems thro'
Starboard hemispheric strain
The right-side strings it all together
Pains my consciousness to
Drill a deeper tunnel, finer channel
Help the inner me command
Control of my insanity
Thro' honed expression -
Let it brim unwittingly
Spits out another poem
They call it being a poet
When left side is cast aside
For right side to bastardise
Leaving me betwixt a shadow-ghoul
And my façade:
The ego and the id presented.
Mark R Slaughter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Right Hemisphere by Mark R Slaughter )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The Price Of Dreams, Sean Lux
- Simply Spoken I Am Not A Poet, Heather Burns
- A Wishing Star, Asma Riaz Khan
- Simply Spoken Dissearpering Vapors, Heather Burns
- amour is armour because of the r, Mandolyn ...
- Where Can I Buy Happine$$, Sean Lux
- Simply Spoken Wind Dance, Heather Burns
- Lights Out, Bill Cantrell
- our conversation's getting fat, Mandolyn ...
- AHMAD RAMI احمد رامي, MOHAMMAD SKATI