Lawrence S. Pertillar
Riding Steadfast To Affix
It has been allowed for those self indulged,
To drop the talk and conversation stage.
There have been those who couldn't sit,
When the time had arrived to permit unlimited...
Opportunities that came to resolve all problems.
The ones once denied to had then existed.
Now to point blame and fault to accuse,
Those victimized by actions that abused...
To have anyone say today what is needed,
Is an exchange of comprehension and patience to seek...
Seems a bit too late for those who had insisted,
The time given to self examine one day will slip away.
It already has,
Done just that!
With chaos and conflicts,
Riding steadfast to affix on the perpetrators' backs.
Who committed to implement those very acts,
They ignited that today unphased face them to attack.
'Stop the tears.
Where were you when the writing appeared,
On several walls to go ignored? '
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Riding Steadfast To Affix by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- When Love Opened The Door, Lora Colon
- Bounty of giving, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.50, Monk E. Biz
- The hunter's trap شرك الصياد - للشاعر ال.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Tears of Eyes Speak The Truth, Rohit Sapra
- Goose bumps / song, Mark Heathcote
- The Chameleon, Sir Toby
- A game of Love, Sir Toby
- As I would like to grow old (to my Mother), Gianfranco Aurilio
- The StrongMan's Lethal, Sir Toby
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
- Heather Burns