Lawrence S. Pertillar (February/'47 / Connecticut, USA)
Riding Steadfast To Affix
It has been allowed for those self indulged,
To drop the talk and conversation stage.
There have been those who couldn't sit,
When the time had arrived to permit unlimited...
Opportunities that came to resolve all problems.
The ones once denied to had then existed.
Now to point blame and fault to accuse,
Those victimized by actions that abused...
To have anyone say today what is needed,
Is an exchange of comprehension and patience to seek...
Seems a bit too late for those who had insisted,
The time given to self examine one day will slip away.
It already has,
Done just that!
With chaos and conflicts,
Riding steadfast to affix on the perpetrators' backs.
Who committed to implement those very acts,
They ignited that today unphased face them to attack.
'Stop the tears.
Where were you when the writing appeared,
On several walls to go ignored? '
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
- ' The Freed of Getting Frisked at Your R...
- $10 a Gallon?
- $5 a Barrel of What?
- (Further Away) From The Year Two Thousan...
- (The) Benefit of Needless Conflict
- (The) Acceptance of a Nothingness
- (The) Bigger Lie
- (The) Depthness of This Kind of Introsp...
- (The) Fate of Fatal Lovers
- (The) Budding Grace of April
- ...and 'now' I lay me down to sleep
- '...I feel like I've been robbed! '
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.