Lawrence S. Pertillar
Riddled With Guilt
Tell me something...
Was it before or after you were conceived,
Are you accusing me of plagiarizing...
Your precious inner thoughts?
That you now wish to bring this to my attention.
Or was it after you discovered my own already existed,
Long before you could express words from your lips.
Did you assume I fathered your ambitions?
And you want me to feel riddled with guilt?
I will admit,
I do have desires to satisfy a wandering idealism.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Riddled With Guilt by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(15 April 1958)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- QUARTER! 2015 Australian Open: Djokovic .., Vincent Wendele
Poem of the Day
- A Visit To Your Home Amongst A Field of .., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- The Cavern by the Sea, Martha Lavinia Hoffman
- Of The Second Presage..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- A Smile!, Avinash Nair
- mGIC TREE, oskar hansen
- innocence, abdirahman haaji rilwaan
- MOST LIVING PEOPLE, Michael P. Johnson
- Beautiful rose, Andytics mufc
- How Not to Play War, Ima Ryma
- We are here to sing, gajanan mishra