Dorothy (Alves) Holmes (Baltimore, Maryland)
Rewrite Poem....Lost and Found
You were lost for an hour...
Then I found
Rose petals along the snow path
Through the woods.
Step by step, I followed your tracks
to the frozen pond,
There you were with that smile,
Hot chocolate in a thermos, and ice
skates for two.
You held a single rose in a homemade
I smiled when you handed it to me.
We skated to music you hummed in my
Suddenly you stopped;
on bended knee
You pulled a little
box from your pocket.
I have never regretted saying yes.
I lost my heart and found you forever,
Dorothy A. Holmes
A Poet Who Loves To Sing
Dorothy (Alves) Holmes's Other Poems
- #132 Haiku Fall's Party Crasher
- #136 Haiku Fan Dancers
- #137 Haiku The Bather
- #142 Haiku-A Patch of Heaven
- #143 Haiku-Lover's Moon
- #145 Haiku-Pastels of Spring
- #147 Haiku-It's All About Love
- #150 Haiku-Nature's Portrait
- #151 Haiku-Artist's Quest
- #152 Haiku-Water Colors
- #153 Haiku Ecru Clouds
- #154 Haiku Seagull
- #157 Haiku After The Rain
- #158 Haiku Where There Is Love
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.