Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
Rewrite Poem....Lost and Found
You were lost for an hour...
Then I found
Rose petals along the snow path
Through the woods.
Step by step, I followed your tracks
to the frozen pond,
There you were with that smile,
Hot chocolate in a thermos, and ice
skates for two.
You held a single rose in a homemade
I smiled when you handed it to me.
We skated to music you hummed in my
Suddenly you stopped;
on bended knee
You pulled a little
box from your pocket.
I have never regretted saying yes.
I lost my heart and found you forever,
Dorothy A. Holmes
A Poet Who Loves To Sing
Dorothy (Alves) Holmes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Rewrite Poem....Lost and Found by Dorothy (Alves) Holmes )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Flowes Do Eventually Wilt, Hazel Durham
- No se amor, Sergio Jaime
- Haiku: Colored Perceptions, Brian Johnston
- Poppy and Moppy, Brian P FitzGerald
- 'Nightmare of 'Annabel Lee', Shania K. Younce
- I heard him, Nassy Fesharaki
- WAIL ON, WOLE, Onwuasoanya FCC Jones
- Allegory 1, Tori Bachue
- An Interesting Breed They Are, Monk E. Biz
- Revolution Brings Salvation, Ruma Chaudhuri