Revenge and Spite
Ladies and gentlemen, if I may,
Please don’t turn your eyes away,
For here they are- the never contrite,
The irreverent team of Revenge and Spite.
Now I know what you’re thinking—How long has it been
Since dear old Revenge and Spite have been seen?
After all, aren’t they usually tucked away deep within,
Working hard to destroy someone’s life and dream.
Well ladies and gentlemen, you’ll be happy to know,
That the producers who booked them for our show,
Were able to get Revenge and Spite not just to appear,
But to bring with them their old partners Panic and Fear.
Many of you may already know that it was really Panic and Fear,
Who first helped Revenge and Spite branch out into their lifelong career.
But what many of you may not know is that it was Ignorance and Hate,
That allowed Panic and Fear and Revenge and Spite to really be great!
And so today for your viewing pleasure these Four Giants of Industry,
will pay tribute to Ignorance and Hate, the real powerhouses of History!
(C) 2013 Copyright Elena Plotkin
Elena Plotkin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Revenge and Spite by Elena Plotkin )
- It Made My Day.....(sigh), Kaila George
- Unsure About....., Kaila George
- Love, Joy, Trust & Respect, Tom Zart
- Change, Kaila George
- tempt, Frederick J.B. Moore II
- Sasha said, Nassy Fesharaki
- With A Lifting Of My Leg, Is It Poetry
- Doom and Gloom, Nweke Emmanuel
- I have left my home, ramesh rai
- Turnips, Nassy Fesharaki
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Ballad of Death, Algernon Charles Swinburne
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)