We make ourselves a place apart
Behind light words that tease and flout,
But oh, the agitated heart
Till someone find us really out.
'Tis pity if the case require
(Or so we say) that in the end
We speak the literal to inspire
The understanding of a friend.
But so with all, from babes that play
At hide-and-seek to God afar,
So all who hide too well away
Must speak and tell us where they are.
Robert Frost's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Revelation by Robert Frost )
Did you read them?
- PARTNERS IN CRIME, Terry Collett
- Palace of death - this body, gajanan mishra
- Twelve Step Heaven, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Hardcastle Crags, Sylvia Plath
- Burning The Letters, Sylvia Plath
- On Edge at Midnight, Kimani wa Mumbi
- Why do we need friends, Bineeta Kharga
- My Body ain't a Lab, it's a Temple. Wors.., Kimani wa Mumbi
- Black Pine Tree In An Orange Light, Sylvia Plath
- treasure and love, sultan mahmud
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- At Last She Comes, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan