Soumita Sarkar Ray
Return My Identity
Can you return my love?
my stretched land of love for you.
Can you return me my wait?
my long wait to have a glance of you.
Can you return me my days?
my painful lonely days just for you.
Can you return me my nights?
my sleepless nights awake in your dreams.
Can you return me my smile?
my sunny smile shaded by a flood of tears.
Can you return me my embrace?
my tight embrace to grace you in arms.
Can you return me my kiss?
my passionate kiss which was just for you.
Can you return me my identity?
my bright identity which I lost
in the quest to win and acquire you.
Soumita Sarkar Ray's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Return My Identity by Soumita Sarkar Ray )
- سأعطيك النهار الجميل, مالك حداد
- Everyday Options, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- يجب أن نقتل الليل, مالك حداد
- Is any other God equal to Thillai Sabapa.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- World Of Our Own, Adewale Ajakanri
- Metaphor of life, SALINI NAIR
- The flouted wealth, Alem Hailu Gabre Kristos
- Another Day Ends, Damian Murphy
- Energetic Nature, Aftab Alam
- مختارات, سي محند
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Sunday Morning, Louis Macneice
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)