When from sin we were first forgiven,
Asleep at the foot on frosty bed wake,
Look for locks to open the gates of heaven,
And change the sheet we take.
To hastily dress in graceful dignity,
And mortal things upon which are frown,
Lay in silent arbors to bequeath the clay,
Which made the dust our temporary home?
In walking, and talking, soon we’ll be taken,
Since we came into the world with nothing,
We inherited sin, but by grace we are given,
And receive hope to make a new beginning.
Although death, subdue for a moments glow,
In resurrection this world will be renew,
And the weak will live; and rise, and grow,
Immortalize with wind and breath and dew.
Like a crusade wrought for a stately crown,
The transformation of life awaits humanity,
In breath that comes from every sound,
Resurrection opens the gates of prophecy.
Upon where earth lies spinning in space,
So high, that covering penance is meekly worn,
To translate the earthly crown for a fuller grace,
In the presence of God joy is happily worn.
Gerry Legister's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Resurection by Gerry Legister )
- Must Not Withdraw, Zulfiqar Ali Bhatti
- To blow the scent of flowers of friendsh.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Badagry, Edward Kofi Louis
- drawn to the mountain, Thomas Leathandrum
- To Reward You, Edward Kofi Louis
- Pysch notes chapter 2, imani halley
- Wiles, Edward Kofi Louis
- FLIGHT OF ECSTASY, Donald R Charon
- dream and dreamer, binod bastola
- Sound And Silence, Edward Kofi Louis
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- They Ask Me for Verses!, Jose Rizal
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(November 9 - 1937)