Well, you're meeting her on the midnight flight to Memphis.
Taking the red eye to Texas,
I saw the receipt where you bought her a pearl necklace.
I'm so made I'm breathless.
I don't know what to say anymore.
We've been down this road before.
While I'm at home taking care of the children,
You're out taking care of a cheating man's business.
You don't listen to me anymore.
You're a shallow hearted man walking through darkness.
Of the stakes at home,
You choose to make your mistakes.
My emotions have put on their hydraulic brakes.
I realize now.
You're just a fake.
You want your cake.
And eat it too.
I've had enough of you.
I need a man that can be true.
When he walks out that door,
I don't have to worry, who he's going to meet on the dance floor.
I don't have to worry about our life becoming bore.
You know it takes two to make a relationship.
It won't be long before you get on another ship.
You can't make a commitment to just one.
You're always on the run.
Running into another woman's arms',
They'll soon find out it's a short lived charm.
When they feel the strike of your arm,
You'll be alone again.
Feeling the rain,
Of your overdue pain,
I have no sympathy for a man that can't stay faithful.
That's not grateful.
You don't deserve a family.
You just put us through constant agony.
So, take your flight to Memphis,
And meet her in Texas for breakfast.
And leave your family restless.
All because of a senseless man
Patricia Kelley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Restless by Patricia Kelley )
- थिरिँ बिरिँ #09, Ronjoy Brahma
- Dinner with the ghost of Lorenzo Thomas, Patricia Spears Jones
- थिरिँ बिरिँ #08, Ronjoy Brahma
- Being a human, gajanan mishra
- Mosquitoes, Rahul Babu
- थिरिँ बिरिँ #07, Ronjoy Brahma
- The pretty back to school الرجوع الجميل .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- New Year, Patricia Spears Jones
- The Theme Is Flight, Patricia Spears Jones
- Son Cubano, Patricia Spears Jones
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(30 October 1885 – 1 November 1972)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 March 1934 – 31 May 2009)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)