Well, you're meeting her on the midnight flight to Memphis.
Taking the red eye to Texas,
I saw the receipt where you bought her a pearl necklace.
I'm so made I'm breathless.
I don't know what to say anymore.
We've been down this road before.
While I'm at home taking care of the children,
You're out taking care of a cheating man's business.
You don't listen to me anymore.
You're a shallow hearted man walking through darkness.
Of the stakes at home,
You choose to make your mistakes.
My emotions have put on their hydraulic brakes.
I realize now.
You're just a fake.
You want your cake.
And eat it too.
I've had enough of you.
I need a man that can be true.
When he walks out that door,
I don't have to worry, who he's going to meet on the dance floor.
I don't have to worry about our life becoming bore.
You know it takes two to make a relationship.
It won't be long before you get on another ship.
You can't make a commitment to just one.
You're always on the run.
Running into another woman's arms',
They'll soon find out it's a short lived charm.
When they feel the strike of your arm,
You'll be alone again.
Feeling the rain,
Of your overdue pain,
I have no sympathy for a man that can't stay faithful.
That's not grateful.
You don't deserve a family.
You just put us through constant agony.
So, take your flight to Memphis,
And meet her in Texas for breakfast.
And leave your family restless.
All because of a senseless man
Patricia Kelley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Restless by Patricia Kelley )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Peter S. Quinn
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Bull, Ralph Hodgson
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- Love, Sarah Flower Adams
Poem of the Day
- i think i left my hand in yours. go look., Mandolyn ...
- Wild cold of novemeber, Alex Rodriguez
- Far Off, Sentamu Aziz
- Mill By The River, Stratis Havarti
- Take A Stand, Saiom Shriver
- Suckling, Saiom Shriver
- Reading Elizabeth Bishop's Poem 'Sestina', Merton Lee
- Sol, Steve Howard
- Deep in my Soul, Jennifer Colyne Hall
- Orange Has A Shadow, Saiom Shriver