Rest In Peace
It began with a whisper.
A soft voice
in the ear of those who would listen.
An underground thought
Blind eyes wandering
stare at the question making cracks
in the status quo
Whispers grow louder.
The idea spreads like a festering weed.
Proof, they ask for,
The blind asking for glasses.
We declare the existence of answers
where there is only speculation.
TV prophets advertise shadows
as an alternative to light.
We have it right.
There is no other way.
O’ we gods of flesh and blood
passing judgement on the unworthy,
for we are the all-knowing.
Death to our opposition
It’s what he would have wanted.
Eden has fallen.
Utopia has risen.
Holy light has been replaced,
by fluorescents and neon.
Love, and respect,
becomes money and murder.
God is dead.
And we killed him.
with our ignorance and pride.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Rest In Peace by Matthew Henning )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Elimination of Stress and Strife in My L.., K J Force
- Philip's Philippines, Richard Thripp
- less, lee fones
- Boven de Mens'lijkheid, Madrason writer
- Sleep To Dream, Arafat Driche
- The curse of poverty, Arafat Driche
- The Statue, Arafat Driche
- House hunting, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Mother Mother Mother..............! ! !, Arafat Driche
- Night of Nights, Arafat Driche