Responsible and Devastated
I am responsible for when it happens.
When the only God Alive dies in heaven.
The Heaven in whose womb I was conceived.
The Heaven in whose soul I breathed.
The Heaven whose hands brushed my tasseled hair.
The Heaven whose tongue taught me to walk straight.
The Heaven whose finger I held, to make my baby thoughts.
The Heaven whose eyes gave me the sight into my dark endless soul.
The Heaven in whose shriveled, lost eyes, wrinkled skin,
I see the reason of my being.
That Heaven I will kill, without my intent, or wanting.
It is a dark moment for me,
Darker than the Blackest of Black,
Mom How could you even think,
I could be the cause of your death!
But I am like you,
I never shirk from truth,
I will own up that is what I promise,
And cry like a baby on your tomb stone.
For the first time, after your death,
This arrogant proud pig will beg,
To Gods whom I don't care for a cent,
To be born again off you,
As your loving Hadu.
Hardik Vaidya's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
My inter ventricular septum was just about holding, it was sliced right through, there was one strand holding against all odds, today that too broke, not the relationship of eternal love both the ones, they stand, but my heart was diced finally. I am now reborn.
Comments about this poem (Responsible and Devastated by Hardik Vaidya )
- Senryu As They Float, Heather Burns
- Senryu Our Lives, Heather Burns
- Water, Water, Harley White
- Heart's Remembrance, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Oldest Daughters, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Behind my curtain, Barbara Dixion
- Facebook / Anonymous, Kewayne Wadley
- Senryu Searching, Heather Burns
- Lost, Maya Hanson (mye3)
- Face Down Novel, Lonnie Hicks
Poem of the Day
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- Everything, Anna Akhmatova
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns