Run! Run fast, run quick, run far;
It's what they taught you,
It's the example they gave you.
Run! Run quick, run fast, run far!
Are you running hard enough me lad?
No? Oh please, do! Quicker, faster!
You burst someone's window?
Please, run. Hide! I allow.
You got into a fight?
Not matter less. Run, hide!
Just pass the buck little chap.
To you, no blame, no mishap.
Or did you tear somebody's heart apart?
Don't worry, com'on. Just run, hard!
For as long as you're able to deny,
Victory's always thine..
Gina Borrebach's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Responsibilities by Gina Borrebach )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Mary Elizabeth Frye
(13 November, 1905 - 15 September 2004)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Sonnet XVII, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- XVII (I do not love you...), Pablo Neruda
- Alone With Everybody, Charles Bukowski
- What Is A Son?, Robert Edgar Burns
- Wingfoot Lake, Rita Dove
Poem of the Day
- Tocaña, Nassy Fesharaki
- Haze your Dream, Antonio Liao
- With gun yielding, hasmukh amathalal
- Along with many, hasmukh amathalal
- No other culture, hasmukh amathalal
- A Splendor Beauty, Hanh Chau
- With all, hasmukh amathalal
- It isn't to launder my clothes, Mark Heathcote
- Tell Me, Amanda Purczynski
- For My Countrymen, Ibrahim Lawal Soro