As I approach the dark, almost threatening, house
I feel the prescience of impending doom.
While I walk the silent pathway,
I notice that the previously lush lawn
Roses wilt on their vines,
Hydrangeas sadly droop.
As I enter the dank hallway,
My bone marrow chills.
Blood, almost black with age,
Drips down the walls.
The silence is deafening.
With intense trepidation,
I open a creaking door.
my wife sits, stiff backed,
Almost frozen in time.
Through a thin smile
'My Mother's come to stay'
'For a few days'
'Isn't that nice? '
Owain Glyn's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Comments about this poem (Resident Evil by Owain Glyn )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- THE PRETTY WATER الماء الرائع, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Dandelions In The Spring, Kyle Schlicher
- my chosen life, binod bastola
- Why I'm a Dodge Dart - Haiku, Nvisible 2Luv
- With A Rakhi To Tie The Small Behana Wai.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Persimmon Poem, Kyle Schlicher
- The Read., Meena Somasundaram
- Time is Time, Juliet Languedoc
- The Garbage Is Collected On Thursday, Kyle Schlicher
- Are The Girls For To Be Sold & Bought?, Bijay Kant Dubey