I found her watching reruns from the money of mummy,
But daddy confronted walls so innocent and fine,
That beneath the daughter of this ideal age was a party
So old and greater than merely wishes and mutton.
To do their bidding was the running of skies and rains within them,
The money had shone onto grass and sea together,
Waters ran into the hills of the air and sea,
The mountains were mounted by them,
The waters were rivers of summers and springs.
I have a good stock of the reruns,
And money is of mummy and daddy,
The rivers and seas cannot contain it,
Yet they dissolve into the hills, and when the dying
Has passed for eternity, the eternal questions arise.
The vivid life of a system shuns from the belief
You contain inside,
The beliefs are concentrated in our drinks
And money does not belong to us in the Hereafter.
Naveed Akram's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Reruns by Naveed Akram )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
- Feeling Of Freedom, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Existing Transcendentally, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Yam, Tony Adah
- What If a Poet Doesn't Like His Own Poet.., Monk E. Biz
- Forewarning Destiny, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- PERFECTION 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- I salute you, poets, gajanan mishra
- समनि नायथाय- 04, Ronjoy Brahma
- White elephant, gajanan mishra
- PROMISE 10 WORD, Beryl Dov