Lawrence S. Pertillar (February/'47 / Connecticut, USA)
Represented In Some Capacity
I can not say I am multi-lingual.
I can say I am more culturally aware,
Of the diversity that shares the offerings...
My ethnic heritage exposes others to.
Than they can say theirs has been exposed to mine.
And that is fine!
Because I am represented in some capacity,
Regardless of who has fed upon my 'wealth'!
There are claims being made,
That my 'insignificance' as is proclaimed...
Feeds their greed where they keep their 'interests'.
Which are upon lands of my origin!
You are correct,
I am not multi-lingual.
But I sure can profess to being connected,
To everything else.
Even Tarzan swinging from a vine can not say that!
Poet Other Poems
- ' The Freed of Getting Frisked at Your R...
- $10 a Gallon?
- $5 a Barrel of What?
- (Further Away) From The Year Two Thousan...
- (The) Benefit of Needless Conflict
- (The) Acceptance of a Nothingness
- (The) Bigger Lie
- (The) Depthness of This Kind of Introsp...
- (The) Fate of Fatal Lovers
- (The) Budding Grace of April
- ...and 'now' I lay me down to sleep
- '...I feel like I've been robbed! '
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.