Lawrence S. Pertillar
Represented In Some Capacity
I can not say I am multi-lingual.
I can say I am more culturally aware,
Of the diversity that shares the offerings...
My ethnic heritage exposes others to.
Than they can say theirs has been exposed to mine.
And that is fine!
Because I am represented in some capacity,
Regardless of who has fed upon my 'wealth'!
There are claims being made,
That my 'insignificance' as is proclaimed...
Feeds their greed where they keep their 'interests'.
Which are upon lands of my origin!
You are correct,
I am not multi-lingual.
But I sure can profess to being connected,
To everything else.
Even Tarzan swinging from a vine can not say that!
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Represented In Some Capacity by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Cheap Shots, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- COPLA 69 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Days When The Darkness Is Greater Than T.., Shalom Freedman
- STORM IN A TEACUP, Philo Yan
- Never take anybody, gajanan mishra
- All one, gajanan mishra
- The ignorant, gajanan mishra
- Poetry For I. H. Rizvi, Bijay Kant Dubey
- If Any Sense Is Attempted To Be Made, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Just one kiss, Kelly Curiel