Lawrence S. Pertillar
Represented In Some Capacity
I can not say I am multi-lingual.
I can say I am more culturally aware,
Of the diversity that shares the offerings...
My ethnic heritage exposes others to.
Than they can say theirs has been exposed to mine.
And that is fine!
Because I am represented in some capacity,
Regardless of who has fed upon my 'wealth'!
There are claims being made,
That my 'insignificance' as is proclaimed...
Feeds their greed where they keep their 'interests'.
Which are upon lands of my origin!
You are correct,
I am not multi-lingual.
But I sure can profess to being connected,
To everything else.
Even Tarzan swinging from a vine can not say that!
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Represented In Some Capacity by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Goddess of England, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Half-Salary Jesuit Masters, Richard Thripp
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -55, Ronjoy Brahma
- Son of Truth, gajanan mishra
- False redemption, hasmukh amathalal
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -54, Ronjoy Brahma
- Of Apple Pie and Golden Bands, Monk E. Biz
- Poetic Vows, Sandra Feldman
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -53, Ronjoy Brahma
- emotions, laxami Cards