Lawrence S. Pertillar
Represented By Pseudonyms
There are more people represented by pseudonyms,
Giving their unsolicited opinions...
To then have themselves declared influential,
With an achieving of a recognition...
That makes those who give them this attention,
With a status given and mentioned...
Questioned by the ones who continue being honest.
With a doing of it to express their best efforts.
While those who charade and hide behind lies,
Are raised to heights based upon the quality...
Of their deceptions.
'Why do people have a need to hide behind them? '
Maybe for the same reason people choose to lie.
With a doing it to represent,
The best achievements made by deceivers.
Who makes the better impression?
A thief who steals and embellishes the doing?
Or one who is honest to bore others with reality?
Look what appears on anyone's top ten list.
Isn't there someone with a pseudonym,
Fantasizing what exists to feed the people's wishes.
It is about keeping delusion not truth to permit.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Represented By Pseudonyms by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Fragment, Oscar Wilde
- Madhushala, Harivansh Rai Bachchan
- Touched by an Angel, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Limerick-73, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- MOTHER, KASINIVENTHAN MUTHURAMALINGAM
- The Monkey, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Krampus, Ima Ryma
- For My Love, Sandra Feldman
- I love To Run, Patrick Sant
- My Exploding Stomach, RUBAB ATWAL
- The Lifelong Comrades, Muhammad Farhan Ahmed
- LAST TIME, Terry Collett
- Another Toll By Death, Tony Adah