Lawrence S. Pertillar
Represented By Pseudonyms
There are more people represented by pseudonyms,
Giving their unsolicited opinions...
To then have themselves declared influential,
With an achieving of a recognition...
That makes those who give them this attention,
With a status given and mentioned...
Questioned by the ones who continue being honest.
With a doing of it to express their best efforts.
While those who charade and hide behind lies,
Are raised to heights based upon the quality...
Of their deceptions.
'Why do people have a need to hide behind them? '
Maybe for the same reason people choose to lie.
With a doing it to represent,
The best achievements made by deceivers.
Who makes the better impression?
A thief who steals and embellishes the doing?
Or one who is honest to bore others with reality?
Look what appears on anyone's top ten list.
Isn't there someone with a pseudonym,
Fantasizing what exists to feed the people's wishes.
It is about keeping delusion not truth to permit.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Represented By Pseudonyms by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- Psalm CXXXVII, Henry Ainsworth
- Thief, Pijush Biswas
- I Am playing, gajanan mishra
- Everyday Is a TEST, Enoch Owusu Gyamfi
- One Of These Pure Days, Naveed Akram
- Deepavali, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Psalm CVII, Henry Ainsworth
- Even in strife, hasmukh amathalal
- ! DESECRATED POEMS/FLOATING HYPERLINK IN.., Alice Vedral Rivera
- In the midst of ruin there is reparation, Mark Heathcote
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)