Lawrence S. Pertillar
Represented By Observation
People do not listen with intent to comprehend.
People hear what they want to.
Even if the words they hear were never mentioned.
He specifically stated 'No acts of terror will be condoned'.
And those hearing what they wished heard him say this,
'What was done was an act of terror'.
Even with his taped remarks repeated...
Those who oppose his comments,
Still hear what they want to hear.
Because people do not listen to achieve clarity.
And this is represented by observation.
To describe and act not yet committed,
Is different than hearing those insisting...
There was something they heard,
But nothing of it was mentioned...
To fit their twisting of it.
~So what is it that you're saying? ~
'I like my pizza topped with onions, green peppers...
Roasted red peppers and saugage.'
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Represented By Observation by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Friend Or A Lover?, Ronald Chapman
- Friday Date Night (Acrostic Poetry), Ronald Chapman
- Silence, Cheryl Griffith
- Freedom Is! (Regional Korea), Ronald Chapman
- a Poem Born in July, ronald stroman
- Peace, Jack Rolph
- Forget It! (Writers Block), Ronald Chapman
- Rapture, John Lars Zwerenz
- Speak up Luciana Berger MP, Barney Rooney
- Is this why Kurdistan?, Nassy Fesharaki