Lawrence S. Pertillar (February/'47 / Connecticut, USA)
Represented By Observation
People do not listen with intent to comprehend.
People hear what they want to.
Even if the words they hear were never mentioned.
He specifically stated 'No acts of terror will be condoned'.
And those hearing what they wished heard him say this,
'What was done was an act of terror'.
Even with his taped remarks repeated...
Those who oppose his comments,
Still hear what they want to hear.
Because people do not listen to achieve clarity.
And this is represented by observation.
To describe and act not yet committed,
Is different than hearing those insisting...
There was something they heard,
But nothing of it was mentioned...
To fit their twisting of it.
~So what is it that you're saying? ~
'I like my pizza topped with onions, green peppers...
Roasted red peppers and saugage.'
Poet Other Poems
- ' The Freed of Getting Frisked at Your R...
- $10 a Gallon?
- $5 a Barrel of What?
- (Further Away) From The Year Two Thousan...
- (The) Benefit of Needless Conflict
- (The) Acceptance of a Nothingness
- (The) Bigger Lie
- (The) Depthness of This Kind of Introsp...
- (The) Fate of Fatal Lovers
- (The) Budding Grace of April
- ...and 'now' I lay me down to sleep
- '...I feel like I've been robbed! '
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.