Tell me, is it not pathetic
that we keep on drifting
away from our loved-ones as the
time beats us out.
You were in a marathon.
Did something go wrong? Why,
why did you run faster than others
to become a sole survivor of the massacre?
Life would want to know
your name, which you had wiped
out from every page of the book,
uncorrupting the painful cessation.
What was concealed
in between the words when you
went into the soul
to erase the bodyprint from the bed?
There was nothing left unsaid.
The death said, I will not come.
Satish Verma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (REPARATION by Satish Verma )
- f' my life i hate this place, shannon strauss
- Pulmonary Hypertension, Strydar Enox
- Depths Unknown, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- English ‘hope', douglas scotney
- Looking for a new land, gajanan mishra
- Let Vishwakarma Be With, The Divine Mast.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- TWIRLING WANDS, shannon strauss
- Same As My Heart, Rose Lu ( Bing Hua )
- You are the Best!, Rachel Nichols
- Close not, gajanan mishra