Rosmin Elsa Mohan
They cried, yet, without a tear,
They lived, yet, in profound fear,
They loved, you and me, so tenderly dear,
Yet, they were wounded.
I remember hearing one make a sound..
She was being pulled, there were men all around..
The cacophony of laughter buried her cry.
As her nerves ripped, the earth turned dry.
She too had a bond, which broke so wry
Meek sparrows which lost their space,
Timid ants those searched for a trace.
I remember seeing once a desert in a dream,
Close to reality, I wish I could scream.
She left behind a mark, I wished those men did see,
Trivial for them, though, ‘twas yet another tree..
Futile again on those ears so deaf..
Running behind time, yearning for heights,
Raising a toast to death herself.
I took to an offspring, never thinking too long,
Placing him beside his mother's grave,
I wanted him tall, more big, more strong,
His head swayed fort, yet, intensely naïve.
I heard the breeze hum a solemn hail,
As I searched around for a nourishing pail,
The gods though had granted a boon,
For the deed; they never did expect so soon.
I looked at the sky.
It had started to pour.
Rosmin Elsa Mohan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Renewed Grounds by Rosmin Elsa Mohan )
- baby boy, mandy messineo
- Last One Off, Kyle Schlicher
- Stray dogs are scary, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Painting Outside The Lines, Kyle Schlicher
- Dancer, Kyle Schlicher
- The Sunset In Your Eyes, Lilly Emery
- Titled with untitled, Jole Hans
- Moon Whispers Tune, Kyle Schlicher
- Oh' that smile, Ms.Tanease Berry
- Our Fall, MOHAMMAD SKATI
Poem of the Day
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Autumn Song, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)