Rosmin Elsa Mohan
They cried, yet, without a tear,
They lived, yet, in profound fear,
They loved, you and me, so tenderly dear,
Yet, they were wounded.
I remember hearing one make a sound..
She was being pulled, there were men all around..
The cacophony of laughter buried her cry.
As her nerves ripped, the earth turned dry.
She too had a bond, which broke so wry
Meek sparrows which lost their space,
Timid ants those searched for a trace.
I remember seeing once a desert in a dream,
Close to reality, I wish I could scream.
She left behind a mark, I wished those men did see,
Trivial for them, though, ‘twas yet another tree..
Futile again on those ears so deaf..
Running behind time, yearning for heights,
Raising a toast to death herself.
I took to an offspring, never thinking too long,
Placing him beside his mother's grave,
I wanted him tall, more big, more strong,
His head swayed fort, yet, intensely naïve.
I heard the breeze hum a solemn hail,
As I searched around for a nourishing pail,
The gods though had granted a boon,
For the deed; they never did expect so soon.
I looked at the sky.
It had started to pour.
Rosmin Elsa Mohan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Renewed Grounds by Rosmin Elsa Mohan )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- 'Hope' is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
Poem of the Day
- Bird's View - Lincoln Park Zoo, Ima Ryma
- motherly love, Candymarie Nevin
- Random Thought, fletcher maddern
- Still Awake 2, Michael P. McParland
- Esprit de corps, Naveed Khalid
- Escaping Home, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Enjoying Conversations, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- How Long A Breath of Moment Be...(r), Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Communicating Through Talent, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Moments Of Refreshing Writing, RoseAnn V. Shawiak