Rosmin Elsa Mohan
They cried, yet, without a tear,
They lived, yet, in profound fear,
They loved, you and me, so tenderly dear,
Yet, they were wounded.
I remember hearing one make a sound..
She was being pulled, there were men all around..
The cacophony of laughter buried her cry.
As her nerves ripped, the earth turned dry.
She too had a bond, which broke so wry
Meek sparrows which lost their space,
Timid ants those searched for a trace.
I remember seeing once a desert in a dream,
Close to reality, I wish I could scream.
She left behind a mark, I wished those men did see,
Trivial for them, though, ‘twas yet another tree..
Futile again on those ears so deaf..
Running behind time, yearning for heights,
Raising a toast to death herself.
I took to an offspring, never thinking too long,
Placing him beside his mother's grave,
I wanted him tall, more big, more strong,
His head swayed fort, yet, intensely naïve.
I heard the breeze hum a solemn hail,
As I searched around for a nourishing pail,
The gods though had granted a boon,
For the deed; they never did expect so soon.
I looked at the sky.
It had started to pour.
Rosmin Elsa Mohan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Renewed Grounds by Rosmin Elsa Mohan )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Inspiration, Henry David Thoreau
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Alone, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- The King, Michael P. McParland
- Envisage Belongings, Ajala Samuel Akindele
- Die of Thousands Deaths, Norman Jin Shyr Wang
- Provocation! ! !, george albot
- Born as human, hasmukh amathalal
- New Years Heart, Ron Baratono
- It Is Called Time, Naveed Akram
- Ethical living., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Dolce Vita, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Aapko Dekh Kavita Likhne Ki Eccha Hoti H.., Bijay Kant Dubey