Rosmin Elsa Mohan
They cried, yet, without a tear,
They lived, yet, in profound fear,
They loved, you and me, so tenderly dear,
Yet, they were wounded.
I remember hearing one make a sound..
She was being pulled, there were men all around..
The cacophony of laughter buried her cry.
As her nerves ripped, the earth turned dry.
She too had a bond, which broke so wry
Meek sparrows which lost their space,
Timid ants those searched for a trace.
I remember seeing once a desert in a dream,
Close to reality, I wish I could scream.
She left behind a mark, I wished those men did see,
Trivial for them, though, ‘twas yet another tree..
Futile again on those ears so deaf..
Running behind time, yearning for heights,
Raising a toast to death herself.
I took to an offspring, never thinking too long,
Placing him beside his mother's grave,
I wanted him tall, more big, more strong,
His head swayed fort, yet, intensely naïve.
I heard the breeze hum a solemn hail,
As I searched around for a nourishing pail,
The gods though had granted a boon,
For the deed; they never did expect so soon.
I looked at the sky.
It had started to pour.
Rosmin Elsa Mohan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Renewed Grounds by Rosmin Elsa Mohan )
- Devil's Darkness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Where is justice?, gajanan mishra
- Silent Voices - Heartbroken Sounds, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Stumble And Fall, Maurice Rowlands
- Love others, gajanan mishra
- Thoughts of Perfection, michael walkerjohn
- Coffee & cream, Mark Heathcote
- An African Woman Unfolds, michael walkerjohn
- The Daughter of the Earth - 43, gajanan mishra
- Prove your presence, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Go Back to May 1937, Sharon Olds
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(November 19, 1942)