Jitendra Kumar Sahoo
REMINDING SCHOOL DAYS! !
Ah! Its my school days! !
Cycling on hilly roads;
Chasing the crazy cows & goats;
Waving hands to the others
& to my school sisters & brothers;
Ah! Its my school days! !
I walk and enjoy
The natures beauty;
To love her whole
Heartedly is my duty;
Oh now I reach school
Met school students, hmm cool! !
Its then time for hearty prayer
By this we purify its land & air;
Oh! How can I forget the classroom fun;
The silly fights, tease and run;
The last bench chatting;
Naughty pranks & the never ending talks;
The strict teachers..
The sleepy lectures! !
Those outstood classes
Howling running in the games period;
And the cycle stand comedies! !
Fake diseases, easy way to bunk classes! !
Out side the class marball plays;
Leave note written by friends;
It was a big trend
& easy to pretend;
One tiffin many hands;
& the game of last man stand!
Hmmm books resting in the dust;
Teachers roaming like the ghost;
But we the crazy guys! ! !
We were enjoying our best;
Those days are like the
Rivers that never bends;
Wind that never faints
& the road that never ends! ! ;
When I remind all those school days;
I smile within my heart for those fundays;
I wish I would have never grown older;
Those days are becoming day by day bolder;
Those days are not to forget;
Nor also to be regret;
But to remember for the day forever;
Those days will never back.so alive a child with in you ever;
Jitendra Kumar Sahoo's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (REMINDING SCHOOL DAYS! ! by Jitendra Kumar Sahoo )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Love After Love, Derek Walcott
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- I wish I was Blind, Reagan A. Latumbo
- Saint Michael, Saiom Shriver
- Reflections on Divorce, Phil Soar
- Mute Swan, Phil Soar
- Back Pockets, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- TENSED ACKNOWLEDEMENT, john chizoba vincent
- The Fly, Phil Soar
- Story Of Loneliness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sea, Phil Soar
- A Prayer For My Love, Michael P. McParland