Jitendra Kumar Sahoo
REMINDING SCHOOL DAYS! !
Ah! Its my school days! !
Cycling on hilly roads;
Chasing the crazy cows & goats;
Waving hands to the others
& to my school sisters & brothers;
Ah! Its my school days! !
I walk and enjoy
The natures beauty;
To love her whole
Heartedly is my duty;
Oh now I reach school
Met school students, hmm cool! !
Its then time for hearty prayer
By this we purify its land & air;
Oh! How can I forget the classroom fun;
The silly fights, tease and run;
The last bench chatting;
Naughty pranks & the never ending talks;
The strict teachers..
The sleepy lectures! !
Those outstood classes
Howling running in the games period;
And the cycle stand comedies! !
Fake diseases, easy way to bunk classes! !
Out side the class marball plays;
Leave note written by friends;
It was a big trend
& easy to pretend;
One tiffin many hands;
& the game of last man stand!
Hmmm books resting in the dust;
Teachers roaming like the ghost;
But we the crazy guys! ! !
We were enjoying our best;
Those days are like the
Rivers that never bends;
Wind that never faints
& the road that never ends! ! ;
When I remind all those school days;
I smile within my heart for those fundays;
I wish I would have never grown older;
Those days are becoming day by day bolder;
Those days are not to forget;
Nor also to be regret;
But to remember for the day forever;
Those days will never back.so alive a child with in you ever;
Jitendra Kumar Sahoo's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (REMINDING SCHOOL DAYS! ! by Jitendra Kumar Sahoo )
- I wear a sweater now, The Princess
- Morning Triku V, Steve Kittell
- To My Love, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Scrutinized As Being Abusive, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Sting, Foster Teegarden
- Some Ghoul, Foster Teegarden
- the man of christmas, Faith Taylors
- My Description, Foster Teegarden
- Scared to love you, leanne royle
- Pain, leanne royle
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)