Remember Me as Free
Remember me when I'm no longer here.
Remember what made me, me.
Think about how I so loved the world
and how it never imprisoned me.
I was free.
Remember me when you can't see my face.
Remember how I look.
Think about every thing I left you with.
My thoughts were an open book.
They were free.
If you forget me every once in a while
something will bring me back to you,
a song, a poem or maybe a gesture,
something from out of the blue.
I am free.
Edwina Reizer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Remember Me as Free by Edwina Reizer )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- To Answer Your Question, Serena Blackinton
- ' H E I S...', sunshine garcia
- Love Note 11, Michael P. McParland
- Bicker and Swear, Donal Mahoney
- Put God First, Robert Barnett
- Te Amé Desde el Primer de los Días, Hebert Logerie
- Scales falling, Angell Afinowi
- About the Armadillo, Angell Afinowi
- Leprosy at the birthday Party, Angell Afinowi
- The Journey, Alvin Mingle