Freedom - We the People have less,
So say some folks, blaming big gov,
Getting in the way of progress -
Still can't marry the tree we love.
Europeans came to this land,
Seeking a new world to be free.
When natives would not understand,
Death was their freedom - doncha see!
From Africa, the slaves were brought
For the free Europeans' biz.
For freedom, slaves were sold and bought.
Founding Fathers said freedom is.
We have less freedom now, some say -
Less than just who from early day?
Ima Ryma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Relative Freedom by Ima Ryma )
- Beloved Alice (Square Sonnet I), Rohan Nath
- Meeting Room 13, Edward Kofi Louis
- Think and act, hasmukh amathalal
- Drought, Edward Kofi Louis
- And here we part, Nalini Chaturvedi
- VARIETIES OF FOODS انواع من الاطعمة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Follow The Light, Edward Kofi Louis
- War Undressed, Dilantha Gunawardana
- hope, SALINI NAIR
- Writing Is Like Human Sex, Asit Kumar Sanyal