Freedom - We the People have less,
So say some folks, blaming big gov,
Getting in the way of progress -
Still can't marry the tree we love.
Europeans came to this land,
Seeking a new world to be free.
When natives would not understand,
Death was their freedom - doncha see!
From Africa, the slaves were brought
For the free Europeans' biz.
For freedom, slaves were sold and bought.
Founding Fathers said freedom is.
We have less freedom now, some say -
Less than just who from early day?
Ima Ryma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Relative Freedom by Ima Ryma )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Fairyland, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Babul ki Dua, Akhtar Jawad
- The Greatest Dream, Jyothirmia Uppu
- overleg, co the skipper
- Borders, ' Phony Scandals' and Burgers, Sandra Feldman
- Electric Love, Electric Lady
- No More Dear Daddy!, Jyothirmia Uppu
- Invited To Explore, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Only One Way That Can Be Interpreted, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- ANNE FRANK FANTASIZES, jack peachum