Freedom - We the People have less,
So say some folks, blaming big gov,
Getting in the way of progress -
Still can't marry the tree we love.
Europeans came to this land,
Seeking a new world to be free.
When natives would not understand,
Death was their freedom - doncha see!
From Africa, the slaves were brought
For the free Europeans' biz.
For freedom, slaves were sold and bought.
Founding Fathers said freedom is.
We have less freedom now, some say -
Less than just who from early day?
Ima Ryma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Relative Freedom by Ima Ryma )
- This is human race, Aftab Alam
- God Bless The Teacher, Enoch Owusu Gyamfi
- Hunger, Kyle Schlicher
- Love don't have no name on it!, Shirley Morgan
- There Was A Time, Kyle Schlicher
- No Such Thing As Handicapped, louis rams
- Here I Am, Kyle Schlicher
- Destroy hunger, gajanan mishra
- Treachery is a Treacherous' Red, Aftab Alam
- I'll Be There, Brandon Ezzard
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(22 March 1941 -)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)