Lawrence S. Pertillar
There is nothing innocent,
That can compare these children today...
To an innocence that lacks a discipline,
Children did not get yesterday.
To release the ignorance of excuse making parents,
Who refuse to be parents to set examples made.
Instead of being afraid to offend their 'friends'.
Like many parents want to be to their thoughtless children.
With a doing to please their ungrateful minds.
And parents accepting this position,
As a disposition to take...
To raise friends and not adults to make to offend,
With expectations to receive positive results...
Are left to prove themselves to be fools...nothing else,
In this day and age when it has been discovered...
They have spent time accusing someone else,
For not having the expertise or qualifications...
To babysit, teach, discipline or produce respectable kids!
'We need more qualified teachers.'
~We do in our prison facilities.
They are now called rehabilitation experts.
And their success rates have been phenomenal.~
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Rehabilitation Experts by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
- Muskuraanaa Sikho//Hindi, Aftab Alam
- How Good To Be Alive, Shalom Freedman
- His Smile You'll Recognize, Susan Lacovara
- Lead Feather, Joshua Riles
- For Just Tonight, Susan Lacovara
- My Love, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Mahua tree, gajanan mishra
- Why Are You So 'Nasty'?, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Elegy For Whitney, michael walker
- This Poet's Playground, Susan Lacovara