He lifted the bottle,
Trying to find those last drops
Of liquid happiness.
Something to make all the pain and anger go away.
The betrayal hurt.
The feeling he felt was one of shame;
Shame and regret.
Regret for feeling again.
Regret for breaking down the walls that once held everything so close together that nothing could break through.
Love was lost.
As each swallow glided down his throat,
He became empty.
The hollowing of his soul was slow,
A process of healing.
His anger was seen through the redness of his eyes;
The lack of sleep making him slip into insanity.
Death was eminent;
But at his own hand.
The embarrassment, of being alone, of being unloved;
Of being tricked...
There was a bottle lined up on the wall for every thought
An ever growing image running in his mind that made him sick.
Failure and regret, shame and regret, loneliness and regret, betrayal and regret;
Betrayal and regret...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Regret by Corey Jones )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- I wouldn't ask more, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Let It Be Fatal, Deanna Lee
- A Blue Christmas Tree, Heather Burns
- Mother, and mother, gajanan mishra
- Father To A Daughter, louis rams
- James Foley, Hardik Vaidya
- Cowards, Hardik Vaidya
- Ye duniya jiski hai wohi sambhale- Ghazal, Talab ...
- One Day I Shall Not Remain Here, But My .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Yes, I am a man, gajanan mishra