Alas! I am not a refugee
who is refused by by the people of this world
but lovable to God.
God has given us one earth
but person with lust of power
have made me a refugee
It is not my tragedy
but tragedy of this world
who have sketched a line on sand
that can be blown at a moment
Hey! people of this world
why do you sketch such lines
that become reason for blood shedding.
What is the need of such lines
which beget thousand of homeless
Who are you,
to alienate a mother from her child
only the reason is, you are in majority
in the name of caste, creed, race or religion
or you may define your culture to be supreme
but where and how?
God has created all lands and lives
Under your tutelage, you alienated my mother
or made me to lead an undefined life
A great sin! A great sin!
God will never forgive you
ramesh rai's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Refugee by ramesh rai )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- What I Know About Epistemology, John Surowiecki
- we the people, glen pugh
- Next Time, Joyce Sutphen
- The Night That Comes only Once, Akhtar Jawad
- The Goldsmith, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- বাঁকা চোখে দেখো নাকো, Dr. Prabir Acharjee Nayan
- Cronyism, Tony Adah
- A Poppy Seed is Only A Poppy Seed and You?, Monk E. Biz
- Look At Me Straight, Dr. Prabir Acharjee Nayan
- SELF DISCOVERY 10 WORD, Beryl Dov