Reflections of You
Forsaking all I have gained everything;
Forsaking you I have gained sanity.
Destined to become a failure by your strong hand,
you crush me down to the soil.
Depleted of my oxygen, I suffocate on your pitiful lies.
Choking me with your dirt,
you plant your seed within me.
What is this growing inside?
It blinds me.
The pain it inflicts makes me wish I was in hell.
Maybe I am in hell,
and what you gave to me was punishment for your mistakes.
Oh, my devil’s muse, I entertain you on these strings of insanity.
Controlling my mind, you control my emotions.
What have I become?
For when I look in this shadowy mirror,
I can only see staining reflections of you.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Reflections of You by Arwen Undomiel )
- Dogs and cats, gajanan mishra
- Vicious circle, Jole Hans
- Get your body and mind back, O men, gajanan mishra
- Angst, Jole Hans
- I Will..., ging taping
- Another Reaser Christmas!, Sharilynn Dawn Reaser
- A dogs life, michael hagwood
- MIKE WASN'T HAPPY, shannon strauss
- Unique We Are, Mantu Mahakul
- Shadow, Liffy Liu