It was evening, time for sunset,
I walked slowly fatigued, burdened and upset.
I noticed three men imitating me, standing abreast.
They were dressed exactly the way I was dressed.
With anger and disgust I frowned.
Copying my expression they clowned.
Holding my head I looked at them with a smile.
They smiled back at me replicating my style.
Now I understood how they imitated me with perfection.
I was beside a mirror shop and those three were my reflection.
I walked forward with a wonderful thought.
with the help of pen for you all I have brought.
People around us are like our reflection,
hate with hate and love with love they will reflect with perfection.
Md. Asadullah's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (*REFLECTION by Md. Asadullah )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- A moment of truth, Mark Heathcote
- After Jacques Brel, mary douglas
- I Didn't Want This To Admit, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Deciding They Will Run, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Cutting Edges Plaguing, Terence G. Craddock
- Curse, MAD DEW
- Nature's Glory, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- A SECRET, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Life Image Distortions, Terence G. Craddock
- From Chibok With Love, Adeosun Olamide