Redeem The Time
'See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise,
Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.'
We fight for freedom, we fight for justice
where does it get us?
You need permission to walk down the street;
you need a license to rescue a baby bird.
Don't you see our freedom's fading?
Then why do we kill others,
go into their land and throw bombs on their families
What do we get, oil?
Smashed up bodies of the past?
Whose burning their grandfather?
Don't you know we make the future?
A thousand years from now
(if we last that long, we probably won't)
someone will be burning up our bodies
killing each other for a piece of our flesh.
There's no justice in this world.
Give the pedophile a ride into town
give the guys a shovel to break into the neighbor's house
let the guy who threatened to kill the kids
get off on 50-dollar bail.
Where is justice, do you ask?
Don't you know we live in hell?
And it's gonna get worse before God comes
and sends them to Hell.
So let's shine as lights in the world
redeeming the time, because the days are evil.
Kelly Zion's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Redeem The Time by Kelly Zion )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- FIRE BRAZIER منقل النار, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I am for 'Yes'...., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- True Love, Kyle Schlicher
- tell the N in your disorder... never mind, Mandolyn ...
- Flowers in wars., Chakshu Arora
- Today The Sun Is Shining, Kyle Schlicher
- THE PRETTY WATER الماء الرائع, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Dandelions In The Spring, Kyle Schlicher
- my chosen life, binod bastola
- Why I'm a Dodge Dart - Haiku, Nvisible 2Luv