Redeem The Time
'See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise,
Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.'
We fight for freedom, we fight for justice
where does it get us?
You need permission to walk down the street;
you need a license to rescue a baby bird.
Don't you see our freedom's fading?
Then why do we kill others,
go into their land and throw bombs on their families
What do we get, oil?
Smashed up bodies of the past?
Whose burning their grandfather?
Don't you know we make the future?
A thousand years from now
(if we last that long, we probably won't)
someone will be burning up our bodies
killing each other for a piece of our flesh.
There's no justice in this world.
Give the pedophile a ride into town
give the guys a shovel to break into the neighbor's house
let the guy who threatened to kill the kids
get off on 50-dollar bail.
Where is justice, do you ask?
Don't you know we live in hell?
And it's gonna get worse before God comes
and sends them to Hell.
So let's shine as lights in the world
redeeming the time, because the days are evil.
Kelly Zion's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Redeem The Time by Kelly Zion )
- Waiting for Dawn, Somanathan Iyer
- Confidence, Somanathan Iyer
- Doodling Without Purpose, Margaret Alice Second
- Nine persons are exempted from the disci.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Why like this?, Somanathan Iyer
- Humans we are!, Somanathan Iyer
- Summer, Naveed Khalid
- Ode To Love II, Naveed Khalid
- Power of Truth, Somanathan Iyer
- To The Moon II, Naveed Khalid